A somewhat detailed account of what I did today.
- Got up around 6am
- Cut up some pineapple for my daughter
- Drove my daughter to daycare
- Stopped at Vons on the way home for some english muffins
- Started work around 8:15
- Did research for an upcoming client project
- Had a Zoom meeting with a client
- Made BBQ chicken with rice and beans for lunch
- Listened to Khruangbin’s Mordecai in it’s entirety
- Did the dishes and started the dishwasher
- Published a blog post about creating inspiration walls in Figma
- Debt logistics
- Made chicken soup for dinner
- “How to Get Away with Murder”
- Bed around 11:30
Why am I doing this? I’m hoping to gauge how much I get done in a day, and I’d like to be pleasantly surprised that it’s more than I thought it was.
Why public? Why not? Who cares. My life isn’t super interesting, and I want to create some kind of accountability for myself to keep doing this.
How was Mordecai? Fantastic. It shifts through genres while remaining funky. They have their own unique sound. Vocals are spacey and blend in really well with the music – where most albums put a heavy emphasis on the artist and voice. The song “So We Won’t Forget” is one of the most painfully beautiful pieces of music that I’ve heard in some time.